I close my eyes and see it. A noiseless 2:00 a.m. sky with clouds in sparse spreads on a windy night smack in the middle of May. In May, out of all the other colder months in a year, it was May. The Gods had truly blessed us that day.
There are moments where we make memories we will always remember; and there are moments we will always virtually exist in. Amidst the array of moments our mind stores, there will be some which will always be re-livable. Times when you could teleport back in time to that exact second, to that exact spot to see the ebony of the sky bleeding out onto some tiny terrace. Stargazing a starless sky had never felt as exhilarating as that day. I feel luscious waves of hair running through my fingers, and the warmth that seeped into my body from merely living in that moment; and it was beautiful.
I've often locked away snippets of junctures of time in a small box, but this memory was so vivid and wild, I could't materialise it in any shape or form. I can almost hear a religious ceremony echoing off in the distance somewhere, but it bothered me to no avail. All I get absorbed in is the fact that seven young souls had huddled on a tiny space on a terrace top one night. The cold breeze beats at my skin but it is in the best way possible. I recollect the carefree smiles that adorned each face, how everyone was in peace with the moment itself; a treaty we signed with time to escape from all things that bound us with reality. In that moment we existed. No words were spoken, no eyes were open. Everyone hummed and sang to a tune that was private to themselves. In that moment we lived.
After a beat, the focus shifted. The moon was glistening with pure light, some of us searching hard to find the bunny that is believed to live on it's surface. And oh was he a happy resident! He silently sat upside down, with his big ears lazily hanging from a position that may or may not seem comfortable to all. He looked down at us, a crazy group of people like a mixed bag of m&m's. Who would have thought that we seven would be there in that spot enjoying what could potentially be the best moment in our lives ever? I know I didn't.
Some days my mind rejoices that one night of bliss and intimacy, where it vaguely recollects how a soft bush of hair feels on my leg or how the support of a sturdy shoulder is a metaphor of friendships and it's weird connections. It all sometimes goes away in a blur; the best ones always do. Soon it was 4:00 a.m. and my companions were gone too soon, and I wonder if my mind made it up, made that moment up. Because nothing had ever felt as real and unreal as that.
It is said that energy cannot be seen. I disagree. I saw it, the positive kind, that day, amidst muted hoots and shallow breaths. I saw that comfortable rhythmic breathing of a happy heart, and the lifted corners of a content smile. I felt the comfort that lingered and danced in the air and I know I saw energy that day, the best kind of energy.
And in that moment realisation dawned. The realisation that we seven may never even talk again, may never meet again, may never see each other again, but we will always have that moment, we will always have our moment. And as difficult as it is to let go of people, I think I will be okay, because we shared something sacred and no one would ever be able to take that from us.
So this one is to unknown, exciting and amazing friendships. This one is to moments we will always exist in.
There are moments where we make memories we will always remember; and there are moments we will always virtually exist in. Amidst the array of moments our mind stores, there will be some which will always be re-livable. Times when you could teleport back in time to that exact second, to that exact spot to see the ebony of the sky bleeding out onto some tiny terrace. Stargazing a starless sky had never felt as exhilarating as that day. I feel luscious waves of hair running through my fingers, and the warmth that seeped into my body from merely living in that moment; and it was beautiful.
I've often locked away snippets of junctures of time in a small box, but this memory was so vivid and wild, I could't materialise it in any shape or form. I can almost hear a religious ceremony echoing off in the distance somewhere, but it bothered me to no avail. All I get absorbed in is the fact that seven young souls had huddled on a tiny space on a terrace top one night. The cold breeze beats at my skin but it is in the best way possible. I recollect the carefree smiles that adorned each face, how everyone was in peace with the moment itself; a treaty we signed with time to escape from all things that bound us with reality. In that moment we existed. No words were spoken, no eyes were open. Everyone hummed and sang to a tune that was private to themselves. In that moment we lived.
After a beat, the focus shifted. The moon was glistening with pure light, some of us searching hard to find the bunny that is believed to live on it's surface. And oh was he a happy resident! He silently sat upside down, with his big ears lazily hanging from a position that may or may not seem comfortable to all. He looked down at us, a crazy group of people like a mixed bag of m&m's. Who would have thought that we seven would be there in that spot enjoying what could potentially be the best moment in our lives ever? I know I didn't.
Some days my mind rejoices that one night of bliss and intimacy, where it vaguely recollects how a soft bush of hair feels on my leg or how the support of a sturdy shoulder is a metaphor of friendships and it's weird connections. It all sometimes goes away in a blur; the best ones always do. Soon it was 4:00 a.m. and my companions were gone too soon, and I wonder if my mind made it up, made that moment up. Because nothing had ever felt as real and unreal as that.
It is said that energy cannot be seen. I disagree. I saw it, the positive kind, that day, amidst muted hoots and shallow breaths. I saw that comfortable rhythmic breathing of a happy heart, and the lifted corners of a content smile. I felt the comfort that lingered and danced in the air and I know I saw energy that day, the best kind of energy.
And in that moment realisation dawned. The realisation that we seven may never even talk again, may never meet again, may never see each other again, but we will always have that moment, we will always have our moment. And as difficult as it is to let go of people, I think I will be okay, because we shared something sacred and no one would ever be able to take that from us.
So this one is to unknown, exciting and amazing friendships. This one is to moments we will always exist in.
ITS BEAUTIFUL ❤️��
ReplyDeleteAwe man this is so beautiful! That night has been conveyed so well! Well done Piku! 💞💞
ReplyDeleteThis couldn't get any better :(
ReplyDeleteBEFFFY❤
This could be the first blog I read from line one till the end,it's NICEEEE❤
ReplyDeleteThis could be the first blog I read from line one till the end,it's NICEEEE❤
ReplyDeleteOMG . This is so beautiful ❤️❤️
ReplyDelete